Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Who am I

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Who am I

    Me.
    I am a friendly pretty easy going person. I believe in working hard, God, family and country. Probably a screwed up order, but you get it.
    I believe in prayer. I believe in God. I love this country
    I don't believe, in being who i am not, for the sake of being politically correct or being liked.
    I don't vote the political party ticket. I vote for who i think will do the best job.
    I won't stand for what i think is wrong.
    And i won't except, what some one tells me without them, being able to show me they are right.
    Am i an a$$ maybe.
    But at the same time, i will think about and maybe accept any thing, that you show me, where i may be wrong.
    I'm a person who believes in the old ways.
    You work hard and you take care of what is important.
    You don't accept everything, because everything, isn't always right. And to he!! with being politically correct.
    I pray for wisdom, and i also learn to adapt, and to move on.
    Yet one thing i will always do, is honor my God, and my family, my country, and stand for what i believe.
    If you think im redneck you may be right.
    If you think im wrong you may be right.
    But until you prove me wrong. I'm right. My opinion, i've earned it.
    That is who i am.
    If you like me that is fine. If you don't, then that is fine also.
    And yeah most of you young ones on here, when your older yeah you will say and feel the say way.
    You may not say it, because your afraid to, or afraid you won't be politically correct, but you will think it.
    So i guess i'm saying it for you now and for myself. So you won't have to.
    Do i fit in with this forum today's day and time.
    I doubt it. Because i won't conform to being politically correct. I actually form a thought and an opinion, based on how i feel, without it being politically correct, or yes with it taking a side.
    So i guess i am some what different.
    Old school i guess.

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    you cant prove an opinion right or wrong, its an opinion.

    But nice post.

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    Yes you can.
    Im just not from your area.
    Like how you like to try to be right. And im not saying your wrong.
    We have all kind of opinions, that are right and wrong.
    Just like for President.
    The popular or right opinion don't always win. It depends on the electorial college.
    So yeah opinions do matter. They just don't always win.
    That is politics.
    Religion.
    Jesus came to his own and who forsake him. His own. Who wanted him to be crucified the most?
    The Jewish leaders or the ones who ruled the empire?
    You see. We don't always think through all of what is right and what is wrong.
    Some times we jump and don't think. Had some thought on the last response. Hmm
    And the first response. Well the popular vote still counts for what?
    No im not perfect. But i strive to be what i am not.
    Where many think they are.
    Perfect and never wrong, in what they, many assume, to themselves to be right.
    I know i have flaws, it's the flawless and self righteous that, have and set the future, of this country and this nation on it's course.
    Who am I. Just a person who has some thoughts and opinions.
    Am i right. I honestly don't know. But i do read and i do search out a few things.
    I just hope for my sake. I make the right decisions, if for no one but myself.
    That is who i am. I hope for myself, i make the right decisions, because my own future, depends only, on what i decide and follow for myself.
    As for me. Well i'm pretty simple.
    Do what is best and take care of family, serve God as you know him, and be the person you think you should be.
    Stand for what you think is right.
    Because in the end that is all that you will be remembered for.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    sorry, as a philosophy major, i have to respond to this.

    I have this opinion: Pink elephants fly wearing tutus down times square.

    It's pretty obvious you can prove that, and other opinions, wrong. Opinions are better or worse depending on their basis in truth. I will grant that some opinions are non-varifiable, at least for the time being. To date, I dont think anyone could prove an opinion for or against the existence of God as 100% right or wrong. And I think that an opinion about aliens existing 20 billion light yrs away can't be proved right or wrong. But some opinions can.

    I dont mean that to sound critical or demeaning, but I think the view that "all opinions are equal" or "opinions cant be proven right or wrong" is a common misconception.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    Guys what i posted above. Well it come from a quiz on today's lifestyle. It ask some very simple questions but in ways that made you think. Then you get the results of how you compare to todays society.
    If any one runs across it post it.
    It is an eye opener and it shows a lot of us, have more flaws than we think. I know i sure do.
    But it is interesting and it does reveal alot about you and your personality and your beliefs.
    And where you are compared to the study in todays world.

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    If I suffer from delusions, I feel that a bird is an elephant and the sky is pink. My condition prevents me from seeing othewise, thus you will never be able to prove me wrong. My opinion of the matter will not change, 2% milk is better than whole milk, it tastes better, cannot ever be proven correct or incorrect.


  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    [ QUOTE ]
    If I suffer from delusions, I feel that a bird is an elephant and the sky is pink. My condition prevents me from seeing othewise, thus you will never be able to prove me wrong. My opinion of the matter will not change, 2% milk is better than whole milk, it tastes better, cannot ever be proven correct or incorrect.



    [/ QUOTE ] You just confirmed Juhan's whole post. Good one. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It is a problem, not seeing when one's opinion is akin to an elephant flying. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Try to keep it between the ditches.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    just because I can't prove to YOU your opinion is obviously wrong (b/c of a delusional condition you have, for example) does not mean that I cannot prove your opinion is in reality wrong. It simply means you are unwilling or unable to see the falsity of your claim.

    I can prove an objective opinion wrong, for example, "milk is a solid."

    I cannot prove, however, subjective opinions wrong, and I think this is what you means when you say "you can't prove opinions wrong." A subjective opinion, like your example, 2% is better than whole, isn't verifiable and on that account can't be proved wrong.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who am I

    So what does one do with a degree in philosophy?

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Who am I

    a good many go to law school. I dont want to do that however. There are various jobs that look favorably upon philo majors, mostly because it is supposed to develop critical thinking and analytical skills. My premed roommate even told me that of all the majors, philo has the 3rd highest percentage of acceptance into med school. But lots of philo majors use their degree as foundation or spingboard for another career. some gets jobs in the consultant vein i think too.

    im hoping to either go further in philosophy and become a professor, or go into higher education administration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •